ACTION HEART INSTITUTE
The Action Heart Institute strives to provide the best level of comprehensive cardiac
care to the patients. The department has excellent infrastructure with the latest
and advance facilities for the treatment of heart ailments, backed by a team of
highly qualified and experienced full time cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons,
cardiac anaesthesiologists, technicians and nursing staff.
State of the art Heart Command Centres - 3 Units with 40 beds.
Most Cardiac fatalities occur within hours of suffering a heart attack. Immediate
intervention can make a vital difference at Action Heart Institute. The Heart command
Centre is a super CCU with sophisticated equipment and investigative facilities.
The moment a patient is wheeled in, world class professional assistance and quality
nursing care and bedside investigation facilities combine to save precious lives.
For critical patients, crucial decisions involving intra-aortic balloon pump, ventilator,
cardiologists are available round the clock.
The department has state of the art high end colour Doppler Echocardiography machine
with Transesophageal probes, Fully Computerised Treadmill, Holter and Telemetry.
Interventional Cardiology deals with non surgical treatment of Cardiac Diseases
by use of Catheters and Various devices.
The centre has flat panel digital high resolution cardiac Catheterization Lab for
performing a full range of invasive and interventional procedures like:
- Coronary, Renal, Carotid and peripheral Angiography
- Primary Angioplasty for acute Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack)
- Endovascular Stent Grafting for aortic aneurysms
- Balloon Mitral, Aortic and Pulmonary Valvuloplasty
- Rotational (Rotablator) and Directional Atherectomy
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis and coil Embolisation.
- Pacemaker, ICD, Biventricular and COMBO device implantation
- Electrophysiological Studies, RFA
- Device for ASD, VSD, PDA.
The Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery (CTVS) department is giving Word Class facilities.
The state of the art cardiothoracic department comprises a team of highly experienced
and competent surgeons for round the clock treatment and care of cardiac surgical
The department has two operating rooms of international standards with laminar flow,
stainless steel cladding on walls and epoxy coating on the floor for electro static
and infection free environment. It is equipped with specialized electrically operated
tables, OT lights with camera and sophisticated monitoring devices and the latest
version of intra-aortic balloon pumps and heart lung machine.
The Cardiac surgical team is fully trained to tackle all types of cardiac surgical
- Routine and Emergency coronary bypass
- Valve replacements
- Beating heart Surgery
- Use of arterial grafts
- Carotid and Coronary endarterectomies
- Unstable patients on intra aortic balloon pump support or compromised ventricular
- Combines procedures like Coronary bypass and valve replacement
- Correction of congenital heart defects
Operated Cardiac Surgical patients are looked after by trained and efficient cardiac
nurses in the recovery room, one nurse to one patient.
The recovery room is well equipped to take care of all eventualities with round
the clock monitoring facilities for pacing ventilation and cardio version etc.
- Heart Command Centre (40 Beds)
- Cardiac Wards (General, Economy, Semi private, Private, Deluxe Suite and Super Deluxe
- CT Angiography
- 64 Slice CT-Scan
- 1.5 Tesla MRI
- Stress Thallium
- 24 hrs Blood Bank
- 24 hrs Laboratory
- 24 hrs Radiology Services
The Action Heart Institute regularly conducts free Heart Camps for residents’ welfare
associations in Delhi and neighboring states, on site at the hospital empanelled
institutional clients in private and public sector.