Our Services and Facilities
Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute has taken great care in constructing and maintaining
a total of eleven state of the art ergonomically efficient Operation Theatres (O.T.).
These O.T.’S are equipped with the latest design, features and equipment conforming
to the latest international standards. The hospital premises are provided with central
air supply and laminar airflow. For maintaining sterile conditions epoxy coating
on the floors and steel cladding on the walls has been done.
The hospital offers all major or minor and elective or emergency operation services
round the clock daily. Operations can also be done on a daycare basis based on the
Ergonomics and Equipment of the Operation Room:
- Hermetically sealed modular theatres with both hand and foot operated sensor doors
(equipped with nylon for smooth frictionless movement) are installed in the hospital.
Each door is provided with a 300 X 300 mm size viewing window
- The flooring is seamless and is anti static and conductive thus making it resistant
to mechanical stress and dynamic loads
- Inside each operation theatre there are four exhaust outlets. Exhausts at each corner
near the floor are equipped with HEPA filters and the central air exhaust is covered
with a hand woven polyester sheet. There are 20 air changes per hour in order to
minimize surgical site infections.
- All Operating lights are ceiling mounted and resistant to laminar air flow. They
are specially designed to emit yellow light and less shadow
- All operation tables are electro hydraulic for the sake of flexibility and ease
in performing various kinds of surgeries
- Theatre wall comprises of tile based membrane type control panel mounted on it which
also includes a Day time clock, Lapse time clock, dimmer for plain air and peripheral
lights, hands free telephone, medical gases status indicator and alarm and indicators
for temperature and humidity
- Twin plate X-ray viewing box installed in the O.T
- A cascade pressure stabilizer having 304 grade blades has been set up.
- There are two stainless steel scrub sinks with photo electric sensors.
- All theatres are provided with continuous central supply of Oxygen, Nitrous Oxide,
high and low pressure air at required flow. Six theatres are fitted with extra ceiling
mounted endoscopic pendants with central supply of carbon dioxide for Laparoscopic
- Regular electric supply through UPS is ensured in the theatres.
- The spacious pre and post operative areas are fitted with are fitted with modern
monitors along with other paraphernalia for continuous observation of patients.
All the above stated procedures are performed under special precautions and aseptic
conditions for infection control. Regular microbiological surveillance of OT’S to
maintain the highest levels of standard. O.T. personnel are also regularly trained
on various aspects like the use of disinfectants, sterilized handling equipment,
and preparation of medication, infection control practices, waste management, patient
management and overall universal precaution.
At Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute, our foremost priority is to reach a patient
in the least time possible, because the treatment given to the patient in the GOLDEN
HOUR plays a vital role in its outcome and so our emergency department is well backed
with state of the art ambulance services which are fully equipped with:
Ambulance service for both incoming and outgoing patients is available round the
*For Ambulance services contact no. 45666666
General OPD™ and Private OPD™ by experienced consultants is provided in all disciplines
of healthcare Accident and Emergency – The hospital has a 24 hour emergency ward
well equipped to handle all kinds of emergencies under the guidance of dedicated
doctors and paramedical staff. The emergency center runs its own A/C Cardiac Ambulance.
Kitchen – The main cause of spreading of infections is through food and beverages.
SBAMI has a specialized kitchen area where food is prepared adhering to dietary
and cleanliness standards by expert chefs. Hospital kitchen is designed to maintain
high levels of hygiene with different temperature zones. Each and every equipments,
trolleys or utensils are of stainless steel for greater cleanliness.
- Cafeteria and reception counter for patient
- Health status round the clock
- Internet facility in rooms
- TV cable services
- CCTV monitored security
- Generators for uninterrupted power supply
The hospital has a 24 hour emergency ward well equipped to handle all kinds of treatments
under the guidance of dedicated doctors and paramedical staff. The emergency center
runs its own A/C Cardiac Ambulance.
The hospital has a spacious parking area and a waiting hall for visitors with access
to lift and staircase from outside the building.
We have a specialized mother child complex to take care of the new born, pre-term
and critically sick babies. The complex houses well equipped nurseries, NICU, Observation
nursery, Isolation and Infant ICU. The center is backed by electronic labour table,
latest monitors, Cardiotocograph machine for external fetal monitoring, Hi-tech
Neo-natal resuscitation unit beside facilities of transport incubators, latest generation
ventilators, pulse oximeter, multi-para monitoring, double surface photo therapy
and servo control warmers. The complex is a first one in Delhi that offers the facility
of natural child birth in a single room with special birthing bed.
Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute’s contemporary cardiac center has an immediate
intensive care to cater to serious patients during the golden hours. The cardiac
center is equipped with advanced investigative facilities where important decisions
like Intra-aortic Balloon Pump, Ventilator, Cardiac Pacing, Angioplasty or Bypass
are taken without delay. Our non-invasive sophisticated diagnostic facilities include
Holter monitoring system, Electrocardiogram, TMT, Color Doppler, Pulmonary Function
Test Lab and 2D/ED Echocardiography. The diagnostic tests provide complete picture
of the condition of the patient before taking any preventive and remedial measures.
Our Cardiac Centre also includes interventional Cardiology techniques with high
resolution flat panel Cardiac Catheterization Lab that performs full range of invasive
procedures of Coronary Carotid & Renal Angiography, Coronary & Peripheral Angioplasty,
Stenting, Balloon Mitral, Aortic and Pulmonary Valvuloplasty. We also perform Coronary
Artery Bypass Surgery with total arterial revascularization to offer long term patency
of graft. Surgery on the beating heart is done without using heart-lung machine
by a team of highly trained surgeons and anesthesiologists. The intensive care units
provide constant monitoring and critical care to the post operative patients.
We provide state-of-the-art diagnostic services all under one roof:
- Latest MRI 1.5 Tesla MAGNETOM AVANTO featuring total imaging matrix TIM which permits
seamless whole body anatomical coverage without patient repositioning
- 64 Slice latest MD volume CT
- Sub second rotation time with all advanced applications for CT angiography include
non invasive CT coronary angiography
- AXIOM ICONOS remote controlled Digital Fluoroscopy
- Latest Computerized Radiology CR system.
- Latest color Doppler 4D Ultrasound machines.
- Hologic Bone Densitometer DXA for detection of osteoporosis, thinning of bones
- Latest digital mammography machine
- USG and CT guided biopsy and other interventions
- Dedicated mammography for early detection of breast cancer
Blood cell count is done with top of the line hematology analyzer. Reflectance photometer
is employed for evaluation of urine test and for semen analysis. Four channel coagulo-meters
is used for full range of blood clotting assays.
- Clinical Biochemistry: A fully automatic biochemistry analyzer is used for reliability
of all biochemical tests including enzymes, proteins and component fractions.
- Microbiology Laboratory has a complete system for blood and sterile body fluid culture
with facility of culture for tuberculosis bacteria in the same assembly, Mini API
system for identification of drug sensitivity.
- Immuno Assay Laboratory houses tumor markers & drug levels, Elisa reader along
with programmable Elisa plate washer for coverage of full range of immuno assays,
fully automated analyzer for hormones and infections markers.
- Histopathology and Cytopathology uses automatic tissue processor with microprocessor
control unit for biopsy and surgical tissue examination. Rapid reporting & early
diagnosis of cancer is done with the help of well equipped Cyto and Histo-pathology
Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute runs its own blood bank to aid patients in elective
and emergency situations. Blood Bank’s laboratory has an advanced aphaeresis machine
for component separation for all platelets requirements and for component extraction
from whole blood. It also helps in component therapy and to minimize blood transfusion
reaction. Components storage is done in blood bank refrigerators, platelet agitator
and deep freezers.